Sunday, June 8, 2008

Ahhh! I'm so Frustrated!

First of all...I hand it to anyone who has taught Sunbeams at Church. For those not familiar, Sunbeams is the name of the Sunday school class for the 3 and 4 year olds. A handful, I'm sure! So we've been having trouble with Haley lately. A few weeks ago she had to be sent out because she was being disruptive (not staying in her chair, and wandering around the room, not listening...you get it). So today, she wouldn't stay in the classroom. During the lesson she kept getting up wanting to leave. So Ryan ended up taking her home. So next week, I'm going to try sitting in the class with her, maybe it will help...maybe not. But in any case, that's our only option at this point. I watched a little while of Haley sitting with the rest of her class and I'm just in awe how reverent the rest of the kids were sitting!! They are all listening and sitting nicely with their hands in their laps, and then there's Haley who's crawling under her chair! Lovely!

Haley is just a very strong willed, stubborn little girl, she likes to do things her way...she always has! And since I'm pretty stubborn myself (yes, I admit it!) we constantly battle throughout the day. I just try to think about the future and how those qualities will give her an advantage, I know they will take her places, and she'll be successful in whatever she chooses to do! I just have to keep thinking of it that way, or I will just go crazy! Wait...I think I'm already going Crazy!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...