Ryan had a big hole in his shirt, so I ripped it off his body (I know...pretty hot, huh?). Anyway, this was the result.
Friday, July 31, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
On a completely different note: A neighbor just stopped by (it's 7:30 AM) and I answered the door in my robe. When I'm wearing my robe around the house when it's just my family I feel very normal. But when someone else sees me in it, all of a sudden I feel very "Brady Bunch". It's a cute robe, a pretty lime green and knee length. But do people wear robes anymore? I was just wondering.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Blowing out the candles. You can see Haley in the background getting ready to help out!
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
So, I've decided to take a break from painting for a while. I've been wearing the exact same outfit since Saturday (my painting shorts and T-shirt) complete with paint splatter on my arms and legs, hair pulled back everyday (but still managed to get paint in it), and very little make-up. Yep...sounds pretty sexy, huh?
Today my in-laws are driving in! Time to get in party mode...my baby is turning three this weekend!! Where does the time go?!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Happy Birthday to my little brother, Andrew. His birthday was Sunday. I love you!
And Happy Birthday to my mom who celebrates today! I love you!
And Morgan's Birthday is this Saturday...yikes...I'd better get in the mindset because I don't have a thing done for it! And right after that is Haley's!!! Oh my, so much to do!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Hmmm...I think she may be ready for a magnifying glass.
The girls looking at the bug through their "magnifying glass".
Friday, July 17, 2009
This is the way I thought it would be when I started this process: Look for a house, find the perfect house, buy the house and and rent out this house...live happily ever after!
Reality: Look for a house (waaay too much running around, having to drop what you're doing and leave at the drop of hat when the realtor calls). After four months of HARD looking find something we finally love and live with fear everyday that we may not get it. Come to terms that we'll most likely have to sell this house to get what we want (really, I haven't come to terms with that yet). Now a whole new set of worries. Will the house sell? Will we get what we want for it? Stress, Stress and more Stress...that's what this process is! And all the while I'm still trying to be a mom and a wife.
To my neighbors: When you see me going nuts, such as yesterday when my dog got out and I was chasing her up and down the street screaming, making a complete spectacle of myself, and yes, it may looked as if I was going to kill her as soon as I caught her, don't worry she is fine...please remind yourself, "Oh, she's in the process of buying a new house right now." That's a good enough excuse for losing it and making a fool of myself, right?
Thursday, July 16, 2009
1. What is your current obsession? House hunting, Utahhomes.com, and one house in particular that I want really, really badly!
2. What do you hate that everyone else seems to love? American Idol (I'm over it).
3. What are you wearing today? Oooh...this question sounds a little dirty, I feel like I need to answer with something like "I'm wearing nothing." But no, that's really not true...I'm still sitting in my PJ's...it's only 7:00 am, give me a break.
4. What’s for dinner? I have no idea yet...maybe salmon.
5. What would you eat for your last meal? Steak and potatoes, with a big slice of cheesecake for dessert. A burger and fires would also satisfy.
6. What is the last thing you bought? Hmmm...I think it was sheets at Ross. That's right, nice sheets for each of the girls bed and ours for under $50! And I'll add that this was the first set of cotton sheets I've bought for our bed since we've been married! (That's almost ten years)
7. What are you listening to right now? Bob the Builder on TV and the sound of Haley munching on dry cereal (Morgan isn't up yet).
8. What do you think of the person that tagged you? Megan tagged me, and I think she is wonderful!
9. If you could have a house- fully paid for and totally furnished where would it be? Seal Beach in CA.
10. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would it be? An hour isn't that long! But if I had to choose, I would go visit my sister-in-law in Boston.
11. What is one of your hobbies? I like to scrapbook pictures, and cooking/baking.
12. What is your favorite quote? I'm not one of those people who can remember quotes...I'm skipping this one.
13. What is your favorite color? I like bright colors, yellows and oranges...it reminds me of summer.
14. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your wardrobe? I love all my pajamas, I could wear them all day, everyday!
15. What is your dream job? Hmmm, let's see. A food critic or maybe a personal shopper.
16. Describe your personal style? Mostly casual and simple. I wish I was more glamorous, but I could never keep up with that style, I'm too lazy.
17. What is your favorite tree? California Redwoods/Giant Sequoia, I think they're amazing!
18. What are you going to do after this? Eat some breakfast.
19. What is your favorite fruit? Cantaloupe. I love it, but everyone in my family hates it.
20. What inspires you? My Ryan.
21. Who was the last person that you kissed? I gave Haley a kiss when she woke up.
22. What are you currently reading? Nothing...I need a new book and haven't gotten one yet.
23. Go to your bookshelf, take down the first book that you see with a red binding, turn to page 26 and type out the first line. "The requirements for Seeing Eye Dogs are rigid." Gun Dog by Richard A. Wolters This book was my first attempt to train my dogs to hunt...I'm failing.
24. What delighted you the most today? Haley's cheerful self when she wakes up. She's always been that way...always smiling first thing in the morning!
25. If your life had a theme song, what would it be? Not sure...skip.
26. If you bought a wiener dog today, what would you name it? I don't...Bleo. That was the name Haley gave herself when she acted like a dog. It was the first name that popped in my head.
27.What is a character trait or habit of yours that you inherited from one of your parents? I'm always interested in what the neighbors are doing, if I see anything out of the ordinary I want to know what's up...some people say nosey. My dad is the same way.
I'm not tagging anyone in particular...If you are reading this, you should do it!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
I had to get sunscreen on them first, which is ALWAYS a battle with Morgan. I manage to get some on her by pinning her to the floor all the while she is screaming and kicking. When I'm done she says "BAD MOMMY...NO!!" over and over. I put her on a chair to scream it out while I get Haley ready. Meltdown #1.
Finally, Morgan is still furious with me, but she calms down and decides she's ready to get on her bike...we're off. We come up to some gardeners doing some lawn work. Morgan points to some of the equipment and asks what it is. I say, "A big mower." "NOOOO, what's THAT?!" as she points even harder this time. I say, "It's a leaf blower". "NOOOOO, THAT?!" "That's gas can." "NOOOOOOO! THAT!!!" Okay, I'm sure you're getting the idea. I said the name of every single lawn tool I saw...but none of it was what she was apparently pointing to. I keep walking...she's screaming. Meltdown #2
We eventually make it to path where she finally stopped screaming. We see the chickens, the horses in the pasture, and a few cows and then start heading back. Morgan starts to get a little tired so she got off her bike and started walking while dragging her bike. I knew she would get back on after she realized that it's easier to peddle the bike than to drag it. Well, all of a sudden this fast past walker was coming up to us. He saw that Morgan was dragging the bike and decided he was going to "help" her out. He says, "Here let me get that for a little ways." He picks up the bike and continues walking (in a very fast past) down the path carrying her bike. It happened so fast I didn't even have time to say anything! He was already down the path, with her bike! He finally put it down a long ways away from us. Now, I know he was just trying to help so Morgan didn't have to drag her bike that far, but he doesn't know my Morgie!! Meltdown #3. Needless to say, I'm the one who had to retrieve her bike and bring it back to her. Thanks for nothing Mr. Fast Past Walker Guy!
Off we go again. We get to the part of the path that goes back out to the neighborhood. There is a little hill that the girls love to coast down (they go really fast). They do it about three times then we continue on again. Well, Morgan starts yelling that she wants to do again (now keep in mind I already gave them another chance, if I continued saying "just one more time" we would be there all day). So I keep walking and say "no". Meltdown #4 This meltdown continued on for some time and consisted of me walking carrying her shoes and bike while she chased me screaming the entire time. Ahhh...good times.
Every meltdown Morgan had, Haley kept giggling to herself saying, "Where's the movie camera when you need it."
Monday, July 13, 2009
Growing up us kids always made fun of my mom when it came to eating sweets. She would never eat it immediately, she would save it and eat it when the moment was perfect (no distractions, kids, you know). We could never understand why she did that. Now I know...I get it. I find that first thing in the morning, before the kids are up, and the house is calm is the best time to eat dessert...and you can bet, even if I'm alone I'm still making the "mmmmmm's" and "oooohhh's" and savoring every bite!
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
So anyway, back to the trip. We got in Thursday afternoon...just chilled that day. We were all on cloud nine after hearing my mom's good news...great day! Friday, hit up the beach. Haley definitely takes after Ryan when it comes to the beach...she LOVES it! Me...hmmm, not so much. Funny, because I grew up there, and honestly, I didn't go to the beach that much. In my defense, when we took the girls it was cold, cold, cold. I basically stayed huddled in my beach towel the whole time (Morgan eventually joined me, taking a nap on my lap). I did venture out to build a sand castle with Haley at one point. But anyway, the cold doesn't phase Haley at all, she didn't want to leave.
For the 4th we watched the fireworks at my grandparent's house. They live right next to a stadium that does a huge firework show. So we get front row seats, for free! We all sit on their roof and no kidding those fireworks explode right in front of you...you can't beat it! Very exciting!
I got to go on a ride with my dad, shopping with my mom (kid free!), got to catch up with an old friend, even squeeze in a bike ride to breakfast with Ryan. All wonderful!
The girls playing in the massive olive tree in the front yard.
Friday, July 3, 2009
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
In other news, we're off to the LBC early tomorrow...and when I say early, I mean early! It's going to be hot one through the desert, so hopefully we can get out of here at a reasonable time...beat the heat!