Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's and the end of Swim Sesson

I'm trying my best to snap out of this funk I've been lately. I hate when I get down and out. But now today is Monday, the start of a new week...and I'm determined to make it a good one!



Last night for Valentine's I served up some beef tenderloin steaks with a mustard cream sauce...and thank goodness, they turned out perfect...if I do say so myself. I always get a little nervous when cooking steak, they aren't cheap, and this is the one time of year I buy them...so it's kinda important they turn out. Plus, I have two men in this house who are REALLY looking forward to them, I certainly don't want to let them down! And for dessert I made baby lava cakes...oh my...can we say a chocolate heaven!! I made this meal last year, so I think it has now become our traditional Valentine dinner. And Ryan bought me a beautiful bouquet of pink roses that complimented the table perfectly!

In other news, last Thursday was the last day for the girls swim lesson session. Haley did very well, she got the okay to move up to Level 2. During one her lessons I almost made a spectacle of myself. The teacher sometimes moves the class to another part of the pool, and I'm not sure how well they can touch the bottom there because the kids keep close to the wall while they wait their turn. At one point Haley pushed herself away from the wall and immediately went under. I was up in the balcony watching...I jump out of my seat and nearly hurdle all the benches to the railing to scream for someone to save my daughter. At the same time I'm about to scream, Haley pops back up and somehow manages to grab the wall...safe. My heart was pounding! It was when I turned around to sit back down that I saw all the stares from the other mothers. I'm sure they thought I was crazy.

Morgan on the other hand had some troubles. She was asked to repeat her level because she isn't able to put her head under the water yet. She HATES it!! Sound familiar? Yes, Haley had the same problem...she has since recovered from her traumatic experience and now LOVES going under the water. So, I know in time Morgan will come around.

I was going to enroll them immediately in the next session, but now I think I'll wait. We'll work on Morgan going underwater first. When she can do that I'll put her in the next level. But I tell ya, she was a trooper! Even though she was so so scared, she still got in the water and did her best! And she was always the first one to volunteer to go first!

Morgan, not happy...but trying.
Haley working on the back float.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Cute pics! How 'bout some of you and that belly?

Kelly said...

Yes, a pregnancy post will come soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...