Thursday, September 6, 2012

K to First

The transition from Kindergarten to First grade has been a difficult one for my little Morgan.  The excitement of the first week of school has worn off...reality has set in.  She has been a jumble of nerves this week and it's not only frustrating, but heartbreaking as well.  She's also suffering from a bit of a cold too, so that doesn't help the situation any.  Nearly every morning ends in tears for her.  She begs me to stay with her at school...which of course I can't...but secretly I wish I could.  Seriously, if you saw her little face looking so sad....you would do anything for her!  It's just so hard to say goodbye and watch her go into her classroom with tears in her eyes...it breaks my heart.  She's usually so happy to be at school and just loves all her friends, but I've got to let her work it out.  I've got to give her time to get used to her new routine...longer days and and a more in depth curriculum.  She'll get there...soon I hope.

I was informed that years ago Ryan had to be dragged into his school. He tried to hang onto a pillar for his dear life absolutely refusing to go into his first grade class.

Hmmm...it's all making sense now.


1 comment:

Jen and Chris said...

Oh! little Morgan Muffin!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...