Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Trying to fit in.

Yesterday I had to attend an ALL day meeting for this new job of mine.  There were about 70 people who attended, everyone from different departments of the resort.  I kid you not, there were maybe 5 people over the age of 30 in the room...I bet the average age was 20.  Really.

So anyway, I tried to fit in as best I could...perhaps people will think I'm in my late 20's???  We were all filling out the massive amount of paperwork for the job.  But after I filled out a bunch of it, I realized I might have done it wrong.  You see, I still have my maiden name on my social security card...but I go by my married name.  Should I scribble it out?  Should I hyphenate?  Should I just put my maiden name??  The lady from HR comes over to help me...but instead of quick answer she immediately thinks I'm a newlywed who hasn't changed my social yet.  "Awww, how long have you been married?!"

I mumble...."Um....14 years."

I see all four people at my table look up from their paperwork.

Busted...my cover was blown.

So much for being a 20 something.

I should have lied.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...