Friday, May 2, 2014

Mt. Biking, Dog Poop and a Confession

 Isn't this a good picture of Morgan?  I didn't take it...someone else did and then sent it to me.  It was from the Wednesday night mountain bike race.  And speaking of the mountain bike race...well, I'm pretty sure I was last...dead last in my category.  Wait...I didn't!!!   I just checked the results and I beat two people!!  How exciting...hopefully they weren't little kids or anything, my ego is already shattered, I don't need it to get any worse.  Just kidding...but seriously...I pretty much suck...I've got to do something about that, STAT!  But the good thing is my children have no idea where I place, they are just super stoked and tell me how awesome I did (Piper especially).  That makes me happy.

 So...onto a different subject.  We have a mysterious dog walker who lets their dog poop on our sidewalk and doesn't clean it up.  Sometimes it's in front of our house, sometimes it's in front of the neighbors, but there is usually poop somewhere within a block of our house.

So this morning I loaded the girls into the truck to go on some errands, but before I back out I walk to the street to bring the trash cans in.  What do you know...fresh poop...right by the driveway.  I look up and spot culprit!!!  A lady with her dog way down the street!! You bet I jumped into the car (after I quickly cleaned up the poop myself...I didn't want to run it over) and peeled out (not really, but it sounds good) to catch her!  Which I did.  I pulled up beside her and let her have it!  Okay, not really, she was really nice about it so I didn't have to get all bitchy with her.  So yeah...bottom line...clean up after your dog!!  That's just rude not to!

Then it was off to the store, which was most likely one of my worst shopping experiences.  Piper had the biggest fit about not getting a certain pair of shoes (I was picking up some sandals for Haley, Piper already has a pair that fit her).  She screamed, and when I say screamed, I mean SCREAMED for just about the entire time I was there.  It was awful...and embarrassing.  I had three big bins in the cart so I had to take the girls out, and they were both being very naughty and running away too (I think Piper kept wanting to escape to find the shoe section again).  So it just wasn't fun to say the least.  

So I bought myself this.

It doesn't help that they now have a Starbucks inside the Target...it was a moment of weakness.  I have to take the girls to their school's big end of the year carnival this evening, I was tired, Ryan is gone and my parents left yesterday back to the LBC for a week, I was feeling lonely...I bought it in desperation.  It's pretty risky buying coffee around here.  This area isn't all that big and when I'm out and about I usually run into someone I know...seriously.  And since everyone and their mother is LDS I feel like a rebel and try not to make eye contact with anyone, and sneak out as fast as I can (which really isn't easy when I have two loud children in tow, but I pretend).  But can I just say...it.was.so.good.  My guilty pleasure: Latte with one Splenda.  Perfection.

So, anyway...there you have it...my little confession for the day.  I never said I was perfect.  I'll start over tomorrow.  As Anne of Green Gables says, "Tomorrow is fresh...with no mistakes in it."  Actually I think Marilla said it first...but whatever.

Now, I'm ready to tackle this Carnival.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...