Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fall Break 2014: Part II

I love Snow Canyon State Park...I really do.  Unfortunately, a lot of other people do to, so it can be tricky getting a camp site there.  But we lucked out on Sunday and got a prime spot!  I think I like it so much because it's very nostalgic for me.  Growing up, my family camped there often and I remember running around and climbing the rocks with my brothers.  So it's fun to see my girls doing the same thing in the same spots.

Sunday turned out to be a pretty warm day, so we decided to forfeit any hiking and take the girls to town and play in the little "river walk" and fountain.  Let me tell you, it felt so good to take off our shoes and soak our sandy, dirty feet!!  The kids of course got completely wet which looked pretty good too.




 We decided not to put the rain fly on the tent...it was a bit more chilly, but laying there at night looking at all the stars was so worth it!  It was beautiful!


 Eating breakfast by the fire.



 
The next morning before we headed home we hit up the sand dunes in the park.  The kids could stay here for hours!



 So the picture above is of Haley from 2011 in the dunes...she would have been 7.  I have always loved that picture!!  I was so proud of myself for capturing it so well!

So then I had a brilliant idea!  I'll capture that moment again three years later!  I had this vision of a series of pictures from the dunes of Haley getting older and older doing the same jump...how cute would that be?!

So, I had Haley try to reenact the shot:


This, my friends, was as good as it got.  

Well, the idea was a good one.

After the dunes we grabbed some lunch and headed home, tired and dirty.
Successful trip...check!
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...