Thursday, March 10, 2016

Everyday Life

 When everyone is off at school Rory becomes my little buddy...very rarely leaving my side.  I try to encourage her to play with her dolls, or Legos, or with the neighbor girl, but she is very content to follow me around helping me with my daily chores.  One her favorites is to watch me fold clothes and as I'm folding each thing she calls out who's it is and what pile it goes on.  She also loves matching up the socks.  I'm hanging on as long as possible to this...it won't be long until she's in school.

The other week Rory and I were running around on some errands...we came out of Target when I noticed this:
 Flat...or nearly that is.
I noticed it wasn't driving quite right, but Ryan had just got the tires rotated and I thought it was something from that.  Anyway, I called Ryan first who was actually really close by and drove over to keep me company while we waited for AAA.  They pumped it so we could get it to a place to get it repaired.

I'm still working every weekend and Mondays up at the resort.
 Jeffy is my driving buddy.
I love working with this guy!
One month to go.

 A few days ago the girls' school hosted a skate night at a local skate place for all the families.
The girls had been several times before for various reasons (parties and such) but I had never been.  Haley and Morgan weren't too shabby, but it took some time for the little ones to pick it up. And Ryan, I had never seen him roller skates before and he was quite good!

Now, I grew up speedskating and did quite a bit of inlining for training too.  But there is something about 4X4 skates that kinda freak me out.  Maybe it's because my mom broke her arm quite severely skating on these types of skates and she needed lots of physical therepy to heal and I've been traumatized from her experience...I don't know.  I was pretty much convinced that someone from our family was going to leave that place with a broken wrist.  But luckily, that didn't happen.  I even gave it a shot (although I'm sure I had the look of sheer terror on my face the whole time).  And after some practice time I started to feel a bit more comfortable.  In fact, I think I want to go again sometime to give it another go!



 Haley can not only wear some of my shoes but she is now wearing same size clothes as me too.  The other day I picked up a dress for myself...I ended up grabbing one for Haley too (same size).  And today she's wearing a pair of my jeans (to be honest they were a little snug for me).  This concept of her growing so fast right now is just very surreal for me.  


 And speaking of Haley...yesterday after school she walked over to our little market near our house because she noticed they put all their flowers out and she was dying to buy some.  So with her own money she bought a little flat of pansies, came home and found some potting soil in the garage and planted them in some pots (and maybe some of my Tupperware, which doesn't thrill me but I'll let it go).  I was so impressed!  She even added a little fairy house complete with stepping stones in them...so cute!


Now hopefully for my next post I will have caught Morgan in some photos!
That girls is always on the move, she hard to catch sometimes!

Today it's supposed to reach the low 60's, I'm super excited about that!
I'm welcoming Spring with open arms!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...