Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pink Flowers or Neutral Colors?

I might as well just start living in my car since that is where I am the majority of the time. Maybe if I was a little more organized I wouldn't have to be, but I guess I like to make my life as complicated as possible, so I'm sure I won't be changing any time soon. So anyway, I'm on the lookout for a new car seat for Haley, she's ready to upgrade into a booster. Actually, she was probably ready for it long ago, but like I said I'm not very organized, so I'm finally getting around to getting one for her. The selection wasn't great at any of the stores I went to this morning. I'm looking at the Graco ones, since the other car seats I have are Graco, and no way can I mix brands!! So they had a cheaper model that pretty much had no cushion, it would be like sitting on a rock! That one's out! The next one up was really nice, but the only design they had in stock were pink flowers. Super cute! And of course Haley went crazy for it! But I just can't do it. Every major baby/toddler item I have ever purchased has been neutral colors: stroller, high chair, crib stuff, paint colors... everything! I just always think..."What if?...What if I ever have a boy?". No little boy is going to want to sit in a booster with pink flowers all over it! So the search continues, and I had to break Haley's heart. I tried to explain..."What if you someday have a brother Haley?". She says, "But Mommy, I already have a brother....Jeffy!". Jeffy (yes, that is what we call him...I've been calling him that since he was a baby, and I'm not stopping) anyway, he's taking on a role he never knew he had...a big brother that is!

I'll probably be destined to only have girls...and then I'll be kicking myself that I didn't buy super girly things!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the time Haley is through with it, Morgan has had her turn, and our as yet unborn mail heir has grown into it, it will be time to replace it anyway. Go girly.

Rio's Rider said...

I have a gently used bucket-seat style booster in navy blue you can have for free if you're interested.

Beth said...

We have the Graco backless booster for Brandon... he digs it, and it's a neutral color - beige or brown or something. I think it was only $25. Kids have to be 40 lb to use it though, so that may be problematic for skinny Haley! Bran is 39 pounds so we decided to go for it anyway - don't tell.

Beth said...

Oh yea, I checked all the car seat reviews before I bought it (you know me), and the backless was rated the same as the one with the back, so you can go either way on that. Brandon just had a thing for the backless one.

Kelly said...

Hmmmm, the backless one sounds pretty good! I'm gonna weigh Haley tonight and see how much she is now.

Thanks Rio's Rider, I'll let you know. What's a bucket seat style anyway...I'm new at this. But on the other hand maybe I should go girly...Haley sure would be thrilled!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and no offense, but when it comes to car time, I am pretty sure I have it all over you.

katie said...

My vote is the girly seat. Enjoy it for those of us with all boys. I love your stories. Morgan sounds like the girl version of my Cordon!

Jennifer Pribble said...

We used the booster that had a detachable back (I think Graco). It works well both ways. The back was helpful when Maddie was shorter because it kept the strap from rubbing her neck. But, now that she's taller she uses it without the back. The one in Aaron's car is black and the one in mine was a little girly.

Plus, by the time a boy would use it, they may have changed their standards and/or legal requirements.

And, if not, you could always find a crafty friend to sew a cover on top of the old one.

Maddie turned 8 today and now (by law) doesnt have to use hers anymore. But she told me this morning that she wants to keep using it because it's more comfortable. So, I didnt have to break it to her that it was much safer for her to use it since she's still too short. Wow, that was long. Sorry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...