Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So far so good...

...lets just hope it keeps up! This morning I started potty training Morgan, and like I said before, I've been dreading it since she turned two. I had such a horrible experience with Haley I just did NOT want to go through another. However, I shouldn't have judged Morgan, just because she is Haley's sister doesn't mean EVERYTHING will be the same. We started the day reading a potty book, putting on her new princess panties, sticker chart ready on the fridge(a stuffed unicorn as the prize, because this house cannot have enough stuffed unicorns!) and she had Haley has her cheerleader...all was set! Well, I'm happy to report that it could not have been better!! NO ACCIDENTS!!! Yes, you heard me!! NONE!! She only needs one more sticker for her chart and I have to get her that unicorn. She definitely went through those a lot faster then I had thought!! I just hope tomorrow goes as well!

For St. Patrick's Day I made green Monkey Bread for breakfast, and our traditional Irish Stew for dinner (I think it's the only time that I ever cook Lamb). My mom sent the girls a little leprechaun scavenger hunt for them to do. Sooo cute, and the girls loved it! I tell ya, my mom definitely puts me to shame with her creativity! The girls had to find the leprechauns and then collect the "pots of gold". On the backs of each pot there was a nickel or dime or some type change. The girls love putting change into their piggy banks! One of the things they do is to stand in Jeffy's doorway asking if he has any pennies. He usually gives them some, but has the girls promise to do something. "I'll give you each a penny if you promise never to push your shopping cart in the house or wear your dress up shoes." Let's just say they're not very good at keeping their promises.

Anyway, the scavenger hunt was a success!





1 comment:

Beth said...

Go Morgan!! No diapers in the house is so wonderful. Not to mention a serious cost savings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...