Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer Projects...I'm trying!

So many things to do to this house: fix, improve, paint, add, clean...the list is endless! However, I made a conscious decision to get some things done this summer. So among my everyday things I do: my sick obsession to utahhomes.com...(serioulsy, I check that site continually because you never know, there could be something new or something that I might have missed the first dozen times I checked it that day!)...and running around touring some of these homes, the sporadic rain storms we've had (where do I live...Seattle?!), my own errands to run, and of course my flat-out laziness, I did manage to accomplish painting the playhouse this week...yeah!
Okay, so I still need to paint the inside and a few spots here and there on the outside, but whatever...it's a start! Haley had decided a while ago that she wanted to paint it green. And I really wanted to have a red door. So I risked the chance that it may look like a Christmas Cottage and went for it! I think it turned out pretty well! They love it, and that's what counts! Now next week...the inside of the playhouse!


Also, I forgot to mention it...I finally finished reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle a couple of weeks ago. I had checked it out from the library and I had to renew it like a billion times! They won't let you renew over the phone so I had to bring it in every time...so embarrassing! "Yes, it's me...I need to renew this book AGAIN. But this will be the last time...honest!". Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad...but almost. I only read a bit in the morning while the girls are still sleeping and also in my defense that book had like 600 pages! Anyway, bottom line...I really enjoyed it. I would have had a different ending though. But still, a very good book!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...