Friday, January 22, 2010

MRI's and Piggy Banks

I had an MRI on my brain this morning. Long story short...I've been suffering from a consistent one sided (in very central location) pressure/throbbing pain on my head. It used to last a few days then go away, but lately it's been all day, every day. I finally caved and went to the doctor yesterday. He felt it was necessary to examine further with an MRI...he assured me that these procedures are perfectly safe to do on pregnant women. So this morning at 6:30, there I was laying in a very tight, closed in contraption getting pictures taken of my brain. Kinda surreal in a way. All I could think of was how I should be getting Haley ready for school, eating breakfast, starting my day...and here I was laying in a hospital. It just seemed so drastic...and scary! Thoughts of brain tumors and cancer swept over me. I knew MRIs can make people pretty uncomfortable and uneasy and I gotta say...I can see how people can have a near panic attack in one of those things!!

Bottom line...I'm fine. The results came back normal...thank goodness! But now that leaves me with, "What's wrong with my head?"!! I think I'll change my pillow...I'll get one of those old person, orthopedic thingys. Maybe that will help.

In other news, we've been waiting and waiting for this snow fall that they keep saying is coming. It constantly looks like it's about to snow, but nothing happens. I'm anxious for a new dumping...that's right...I'm anxious for new snow, I said it! I like the temps in the upper 30's and low 40's, but because of the warmer weather our backyard has become a huge mud pit, complete with muddy dogs! Time for new snow!

The girls decorated piggy banks this afternoon. They both completed their little incentive charts I keep, and this is the prize they picked out. I thought they came out very well!





1 comment:

ANDROID said...

Are you getting enough sleep? I know I get headaches if I don't sleep enough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...