Friday, June 4, 2010

Sheds and Birthdays

Yesterday was Ryan's birthday. I would have done a post that day, but I literally did not a moment to spare! Before he left for work I made him a birthday breakfast: bacon (a way to any man's heart), eggs and cinnamon rolls...complete with a candle on top! However, note-to-self...do not put a candle in a hot cinnamon roll, unless you want a waxy center (Ryan didn't seem to mind though). So for once, I think he actually went to work with a full belly!

Then my parents came over for breakfast (same meal...just made again a little later). My dad was going to help me with a home project. This week I had a cement path put in connecting the dog kennel and patio (hopefully lessening the amount of mud that accumulates in the Spring)...and then I also had a cement pad put in for a shed I bought. So...I needed my dad's help putting the shed together, and my mom was able to watch the girls for me.

So in my mind I'm thinking we'll start working after breakfast, and have the shed done by...say...2:00. WRONG!! I'm so thankful my dad was there!! I think if he wasn't, I would have opened the box...had seen all those pieces...the instructions (which might have well been in a foreign language)...and just cried! I had no idea what a project it was! This is an actual quote from the instructions: "The remainder of the building assembly requires MANY hours and more than once person. DO NOT continue beyond this point if you do no not have enough time to complete the assembly today." We continued...even when we knew we weren't going to make it...yeah, we're rule breakers! We basically worked until about 6:00, and I'm sad to say...we were unable to complete it. But, my dad helped me get the hang of it, and I think (hope) I can finish it before August when they come back...ha, ha!

That evening I was hosting a party for Ryan. It also happened to be my parents last day in town (boo hoo), so I thought we could have a farewell dinner for them, and Ryan's party. So since, my dad and I were sweating it out trying to finish the shed, my mom took over everything else!! She watched the girls AND got everything ready for the party! She even ran out to get the cake (cupcakes actually). I was going to make the cake...but...you know...that darn shed! So, the party went on as planned thanks to my mom!

So yeah...my parents spent their last day in town helping me...boy, do I owe them!!

Here's the floor.
Hopefully I'll be able to post the finished product soon!

For Ryan's birthday dinner I (ahem...my mom) made taco salad with lots of cut up fruit! And for dessert: cupcakes with BYU creamery ice cream! I think he was a happy birthday boy!

Happy Birthday Ryan...I love you!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Kelly, I think you are amazing for taking on shed-assembly, not to mention cooking all these nice meals, while Piper is still less than 2 months old! I'm so impressed with your energy. I also think your parents are amazing for all the support they give you... your Mom especially always seems so happy to lend a hand when you need it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...