Friday, September 10, 2010

New Home!!!

I really debated posting this picture...I mean we haven't moved in yet...but, I think we're safe now. I can't believe it...I can't believe we finally made it to the finish line...we got the house!!

It was quite an ordeal yesterday. We had a 4:00 appointment to sign the papers...however, literally as I'm driving to the title company I get a call from my lender saying they weren't ready yet, don't come, wait until further notice. You can imagine how freaked out I was! 4:00 came and went...6:00 came and went...8:00 came and went...finally, around 10:30/11:00 we get everyone at the title company to sign (including my children...Piper was sleeping soundly in her crib when I had to yank her out and throw her in the car. Okay, I didn't "throw" her, but you get the idea). Luckily, they had a play room at the office for the girls...yeah, they had no problem staying up that late.

Anyway, our deadline was the 9th, so I assumed that as long as we signed by midnight we'd be safe...WRONG. I didn't know this at the time, but the contract ended at 5:00 that day. I think my realtor and lender withheld that from me since they knew I would go into complete freak-out mode! So everyone was scrambling around I'm assuming...and low and behold the sellers stayed with us! I am so grateful! I LOVE this house! And I tell ya, I NEVER want to do this again!! I will stay in that house FOREVER and EVER!! I will be quite happy there for the rest of my life!

The bad news is that we probably won't be able to move until Tuesday. We have to wait until all the funds get transferred around. So unfortunately we won't be able to use the weekend. And Ryan leaves for Interbike next week...so, a lot to do in little time.

But the home is ours! I can finally relax...a little.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!! You'll have to post pictures of the back yard and the inside--PLEASE!

Anonymous said...

Or you could come and see for yourself...

Cheynna Sutherland said...

Yay! Yay! Can't wait to see more photos! Congrats and happy moving!

Lexi said...

WAHOO!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see more pictures-- it looks beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...