Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

Our first Christmas in our new house! It was wonderful! However, I think we are all very much sleep deprived!

The night before Christmas Eve the girls were up in their room chattering away, I don't think they actually feel asleep until 10:00 that night. Then of course Haley was up before 6 the next morning, "It's Christmas Eve!!". They were bouncing off the walls the entire day. Ryan skipped out for a quick ride, and I admit it didn't go well with me. I was at my wits end with the kids and my wrath emerged when the girls woke Piper from a nap early. A few doors were slammed and my head spun around a few times...it wasn't pretty. I had to remind myself that it was Christmas Eve...the girls are just very, very excited...they can't help it, I guess. And I suppose I actually couldn't keep them in their room for the entire day.

It turned out to be a very nice Christmas Eve. We had Matt, Carrie and little Jett over for a ham dinner. I think it turned out very well if I do say so myself! We had a fire going all evening too...it was a great night!

However later, after everyone was in bed, Haley woke up a few times complaining of not feeling well. Uh oh. We knew she was coming down with a cold, but at one point she said her stomach hurt and she might throw up. Yeah, double uh oh! Ryan layed with her for a little while and it soon passed, and she feel asleep. Thank goodness! And then around 3 in the morning she comes into our room and says, "I just wanted you to know that I'm feeling much better and Merry Christmas!". Thanks, but please sleeeep!!! She got up for the day a little before 6. I was nursing Piper when she got up so she had to wait...we ended up going downstairs at about 6:30.


The aftermath.
I think the girls loved everything they got. Although, I think Haley is a little bummed that she didn't get the Barbie that goes with the Barbie Fairytale Carriage. Little does she know...her grandma has that waiting wrapped under their tree for our second Christmas in Long Beach!
Piper with her new pull horse toy.
Haley and Morgan both have a Pooh Bear (had them since they were babies).
So now Piper has her own Pooh!


We had Christmas dinner at Matt and Carrie's house. Matt made a Renaissance Chicken dinner, it was delicious...and more gifts were exchanged. A very nice night!
Now today, it's all about cleaning up, laundry, and I'm even going to attempt to take down the tree if I have time. Tomorrow we're off for Long Beach for a week! So excited about that! Now, if the rain would just give it a rest out there...I want sunny days!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...