Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh, the joys of Winter!

It was 8 degrees when I took Haley to school this morning...that is COLD! So, as you can imagine bundling up before we make the trek to school is quite important. Yesterday I decided to get an even earlier start because it feels as though I'm always rushing. Rushing to school, rushing to appointments, rushing, rushing, rushing. And of course I become louder and louder. "Morgan, can you please put your coat on. Haley, get your gloves please."..."Morgan, get your coat on! Haley, gloves, put them on!" But those two girls can ramble and ramble (I kid you not they do not stop talking...ever!) not listening to a word I'm saying. I'm busy loading Piper into the infant carrier. When I come back in...do they have their stuff on...no, Haley pulled out the salad tongs and Morgan is talking about the differences between goats and sheep. So finally my nice, "Will you please put on your coat." has turned into "MORGAN, COAT NOW!!!" and "HALEY, GLOVES!!!!".

So yesterday (as I was saying) I was try really hard to get out the door early so I don't lose it and go crazy...see, patience, I'm working on it.

Piper's snow suit, hat, and blanket...done.
Morgan's boots, coat, hat, gloves...done.
Haley's boots, coat, hat, gloves, backpack...done.
Me, boots, coat, hat, scarf, gloves...done.

I get Piper in the stroller, bundled up and we're off...on time...yay!
As we're walking down the driveway Morgan starts crying, "I have to go potty!"

NOOOOOOOOOO! Late again...and I was so close!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...