Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Heavy Heart

My heart is breaking today. My cousin passed away in her sleep last night. I'm devastated...it came as an absolute shock. She leaves behind three children...I am just so heartbroken for them.


I haven't seen my cousin in several years, but I remember her as very sweet natured and loving. She had a great sense of humor and a very contagious laugh. Her smile could light up the room! She was a few years older than me and when we were young I was always fascinated by her hair (and her sisters'). It was the 80's when girls would curl their bangs and then put on about a ton of hairspray to make the bangs stand practically straight up. Well, I thought it was the coolest. One day they were visiting and she did my bangs that way...unfortunately she accidentally burned my forehead with the curler iron...but whatever, I had cool bangs like her! I also remember her and me as kids lip syncing to "Lollipop", dancing and singing into our hairbrushes on our fireplace hearth. We would also rummage through my grandma's old vintage clothes and gowns and dress up in them, and then have "tea parties" with all my grandma's tea sets she had around the house. We would pretend we were living in the 1800's chatting away in the living room. Oh, how silly our mock conversations would be!


I still can't believe she's gone. I'm just so heartbroken.


My thoughts and prayers are going out to my Arizona family right now.


Sarah...you will be missed.

2 comments:

Meg said...

oh my goodness, this is heartbreaking. i am so sorry to you and your family for your loss.

Beth said...

So sorry, Kelly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...