Friday, July 15, 2011

Tree gone...Playhouse coming.

On Monday when we came home from our Idaho Falls/Jackson weekend we discovered a large branch from our flowering plum tree in our front yard has fallen off. I knew it needed to be pruned, so now this was the motivation I needed to actually get it done. However, the tree guy said that the tree wasn't worth saving. Lots and lots of weak points in the trunk and it was already suffering from some iron deficiency. So, the tree had to go...sad, I know. But you know, I kind of like how it opens up our yard...that is once I got used to our house being more exposed.

Piper and Morgan watching the wood chipper do its thing.

My parents have been in town since Saturday...it's wonderful! I love having them close by again! And yesterday my grandparents arrived in town. My grandfather has been wanting to move the playhouse from our old house to this one. We are so grateful! The girls have been wanting it at our house since we moved. It's quite a project actually...the entire house needs to be taken apart, transferred to here, and then put all back together again. It will be nice to finally have it here!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...