Monday, August 15, 2011

Family Reunion/Tour of Utah

I'm not one with latest book crazes...Harry Potter (never was in to it) and Twilight (meh). They're probably really good, but they just don't interest me. But, way back when, when I was on bed rest my sister-in-law sent Hunger Games my way. Loved it! I ended up buying and reading the second, Catching Fire, and now I'm not so patiently waiting for the third, Mockingjay, to arrive any day. I know this has nothing to do with family reunions or the Tour of Utah, but it just popped in my head.

Okay...now on to the real subject of this post.

We had a pretty good weekend. Attended a family reunion on Saturday. Haley and Morgan were all geared up for the auction they had. They both had their eyes on a couple of cash boxes (with combination locks). So they sat there at the auction with their little purses and grandma and great grandma by their side (they were determined not to have any broken hearts and had their pockets of dollars at the ready!) Well, Haley ended getting her cash box for $5...they had to battle it out a little with another lady. Morgan however lost out to that same lady, even though grandma was ready to throw down the money for her (she's very competitive!). But when the price for this little cash box went up to about $15, enough was enough...that lady can have it! Luckily Morgan took it very well. Of course we are now on a mission to find her a cash box of her own.

Sunday we drove up to Alpine Loop to see the Tour of Utah race come through. My mom and my brother joined us. We had a picnic lunch and had some fun with chalk while we waited. I'm always amazed how beautiful it is up there...I feel so lucky to have the mountains so close to my house!


Piper with jam on her face.


Some of our artwork:













After the race we met up with my grandparents at our house for a BBQ. Perfect ending to a pretty nice weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...