Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer Days

Summer is coming to an end all too quickly...the kids start school in less than two weeks. I can't believe it. I'm desperately hanging onto the few Summer days we have left. Late wake up calls, jammies all morning, picnic lunches outside, movies at home, Popsicles and ice cream, grilling, water park, lazy afternoons on the porch, kids playing outside, and late nights.

The only type of routine I have in the Summer is daily quiet time (a mother's best friend). During Piper's afternoon nap the kids go to their "quiet corners" and can look at books, listen to their headphones, or actually rest like Morgan happened to do yesterday. Gives me a chance to lay down as well. After quiet time the girls work on their workbooks and do journal. Sometimes they do this willingly...sometimes not so much.

So as much as I do like not having a routine, it will be good to have some structure in this house again when school starts. I feel like my house is in a constant mess. Toys...are...everywhere! So perhaps I will be able to catch up on some cleaning. And although it's nice that the kids have hours and hours of play time...fighting, bickering, and arguing between them occur more often.

So with less than two weeks remaining we're going to take advantage of it! We're going to pack in the swim park, eating ice cream and walking to the pond, slip'n'slide, evenings walking to the dog park, perhaps a late movie night at home, gardening, more lazy afternoons hanging out of the porch and we're evening considering a last minute camping trip this weekend! The fighting, bickering and arguing I can do without...but we'll see, that's a lot to ask.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...