Friday, March 23, 2012

This Week

Spring has sprung! Blossoms on our apricot tree have popped and our daffodils are coming in!
The weather has been wonderful and the girls have been outside nonstop!



Even Rory has been getting some Vitamin D this week.

I have managed pretty well this week without Ryan, thanks to the nice weather! However, we are all extremely excited to see him tonight! The only thing I failed miserably this week was the girls' homework. Some of it managed to get done, but I admit not all of it. It's really hard to do the homework battle when they're playing so nicely outside. Sometimes to keep my sanity something has to go...homework it was.


Some other things that went on this week in no particular order:


* I went to Parent-Teacher conferences. I love hearing good things about my kids and seeing how proud the girls are of themselves. It makes me happy.


* Speaking of happy, Rory giggled up a storm watching the dogs tromp around the yard.


* Made Haley in charge of dinner last night. She chose Pasta Roni and Popsicles for dessert. She's a simple gal.


* While I was sitting on the sofa Piper spilled my very full mug of coffee on me. It was a kind of spill that you need to change your entire outfit, including my bra and undies...yeah, it was that bad, and quite warm. But hey...none of it got on the sofa!


* And speaking of Piper. She came to me one day holding out her hand. I couldn't figure out what she wanted. Then I looked closely. "What's on your hand?" She says, "Pee Pee". Except it wasn't pee. Yeah, you got it...she had a little fun exploring her own poopy diaper. Lovely.


* I've been watching Downton Abbey every night...ooooh, so good! After the kids were in bed I was giddy to get cozy and watch an episode. I even layed down on the floor with the girls beanbags eating snickerdoodles while I watched it...childish? I don't care. It's the kind of show that even when you're alone you still find yourself talking aloud..."What?! She DID NOT just do that?!" It's a must see!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...