Thursday, July 11, 2013

Weekly Race Series: Sorensen Trail


I raced last night at the Weekly Race Series again...this time it was Sorensen Trail which is right outside of Heber.  It was HOT!  I was sweating buckets!  But, this is the first race that I felt somewhat competitive in.  I was actually ahead of some people by the time we entered the single track and I was holding them back pretty good until I had a little mishap when I was trying to maneuver around some rocks...I ended up falling over letting someone pass.  In fact, as he past me I heard him say, "Yes!".  No joke.  So I was determined to catch him the rest of the race!  There is a long uphill section and I was gaining on him...he kept looking back at me to see where I was.  That alone made me feel good...like I was making him sweat a little more.  Unfortunately, I didn't catch him and he got away from me in the single track.  But, like I said, I felt competitive this time, which is a good feeling when I'm used to being alone the entire race.

I have a lot of improvements still to make... like getting over my fear of falling and smashing my face on a rock knocking out all my teeth...or being able to make sharp right hand turns...but, I'm getting there.

In other news, we're off to Beaver tomorrow...Ryan is racing the Crusher.  Should be good fun for us all!
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...