Monday, August 19, 2013

Tour of Utah

Last week was the Tour of Utah...which by the way seems to get bigger every year!  Ryan worked at the expo every day for Bonk Breaker (an energy bar and one of his brands he reps for) so he was busy, busy!  On the last day I decided to take the kids to Park City to see the final stage of the race and meet up with Ryan.  I was a little nervous because I HATE big crowds with all my children, and I HATE trying to find parking!  But, luckily they had a shuttle system from the nearby high school which made things so much easier!  So anyway, just as we arrive a storm blows in and starts dumping rain...not cool.  So while Ryan is working I squeeze my family in his tent while we waited out the storm. 

See, he's so happy to see us!

When the rain stopped it turned out to be a really nice afternoon.  Although we really didn't see the race at all, the crowds were so deep it was impossible to for us to see anything!  But we had fun just the same.  

While at the race Haley came over to me holding a little bag with the cutest earrings and said that she got them for me.  What?  There was a little jewelry store across the walkway from Ryan's tent and she said she got them there.  She said she bartered for them...say what?  I was a little leery about how she actually "bought" them so I went over to the owner to make sure everything was legit.  The owner told me the whole story.  She said that Haley came over and asked if she could barter two Bonk Breakers for a pair of earrings for me.  And they did it!!   They're pretty nice earrings...worth more than two Bonk Breakers!!  But they were glad to do and Haley was so happy...as was I!  What a sweet girl she is!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...