Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Weekend Review


This is what we were welcomed to when arriving to work Saturday morning.  This would be the path leading to the infamous stinky yurt.  Don't worry, this yurt is not open to our guests...but this is the yurt that houses all of the instructors gear, and when you get 60+ ski and snowboard boots stored together, well, you get the idea.  But don't get me wrong...I am very grateful for that yurt.

So yeah, snow, and lots of it.  The problem:  we had lovely powder snow earlier that week and then Saturday we got wet heavy snow...the perfect recipe for avalanches.  There were road closures throughout the day, and people were getting stuck everywhere...it was a mess.  It snowed ALL day and I was soaked to the skin by the end of it.


It rained all day Sunday in the Valley...it was awful.  All of our snow in our yard as melted away and we are now left with lovely mud pits everywhere, which are so much fun when you have dogs.  Yuck.  I usually welcome warmer weather, but this year I would rather have snow.

On a different topic Ryan and I were invited to a special screening for the movie "Rising from Ashes" last Friday.  We got a babysitter and everything so we could go, and I'm I glad we did!  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it!  It's so inspiring!

Ryan with Abraham and Obed, two teammates from the movie.

This week we're gearing up for Valentine's Day!  The girls have their parties at school and I'm teaching Piper's Preschool tomorrow and having a little party.  And of course I'm super excited for my traditional Valentine's dinner on Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...