Monday, July 6, 2015

Makeup Monday!

I thought I would do a quick Makeup Monday post and share some makeup I've been enjoying this month.


First off, foundation.
This is the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless foundation.  My color is 128 Warm Nude in case anyone cares to know.  But I've been using this just about every day (or least when I wear makeup), and I love it!  I always moisturize first (since it is matte) and I always use a primer too.  But even though it says matte I don't think it's drying at all...and I live in a desert so that says a lot!  I don't use very much, just a thin layer and I apply it with a flat top (kabuki) style brush and that seems to work pretty well.  It just looks very natural, it's my go to foundation for sure!

 This is the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette.
This was on sale at Ulta (half off!) and I snatched it up quick and I'm so glad I did!  I have been using it every day since I got it.  I gravitate mainly to the colors on the left side of the palette but all of them seem really nice.  I think they apply well, and blend nicely.  In the summer it's all about light natural makeup (quick and easy!).  And I love that they're all matte with the exception of one shimmer highlight.
So with summer I've been slightly obsessed with bronzers and highlighters.
I bought this Smashbox contour kit a while back and I've been loving it!


And for highlight I've been using the NYX illuminator in Ritualistic.
I really wanted to buy Becca's Opal but that pretty pricey...so opted for this.
It's pretty good...but sometimes I go a little crazy with this stuff!  I have to be careful or look like a disco ball.  So yeah, bronzers, highlights and blush have got to my favorite types of makeup right now.
It's all about trying to get that summer glow right?!
And the "no makeup" makeup look...that's what I want!

Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend!
We sure did!
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...