Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

I know I'm late with this post, but hey, better late than never!
So as usual we loaded up the 'Burban and headed south to Sedona...except this time we we made an overnight stop in Kanab.  The girls were thrilled to pieces to stay in a hotel. And then we surprised the girls with a visit to the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (which is right outside of Kanab) the next morning.  
 This is a no kill shelter that houses around 1500 animals: dogs, cats, horses, pigs, birds, rabbits and so on.  We took the tour they offer and saw where everything is housed and got to pet and visit the cats and dogs.  The girls were in animal heaven!  We were lucky to get out of there without an animal to take home.  I told everyone we were filled to the brim already!!  Four kids, two dogs, a cat and three goldfish...I'd say we're doing our part!

Then it was off to Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Some highlights of the week.

We hiked up West Fork and took a photo of the girls on the exact same log from two years prior...

 ...so of course we had to create a side by side comparison.
My babies aren't babies anymore!!!

 We also did a bit of mountain biking.
The trails are literally right down the street...how can we not take advantage of that?!
There is a loop that I have become obsessed with...it's pretty much the only trail that I do.  I am determined to do that entire loop without putting a foot down!  One day, my friends, I will succeed!!  Too bad I can only practice it one week out of the year.  
 Ryan and I would go out on our own for a lap (yes, of my favorite loop) and then get the girls to join us on another lap (you guessed it, of my favorite loop).



I was super proud of them!
They did great!


 We also played a game or two of Sorry...and let me tell ya, it can get pretty fierce!


 And a trip to Sedona wouldn't be complete until we feed the ducks at Talaqapaque.  
The weather was quite crisp this year!







 With Grandma and Grandpa.


And of course, smooshed in there with everything else we ate ourselves silly with a wonderful Thanksgiving feast!!

We headed home Saturday and ran into this along the way:
Yep, winter has hit.
And I'm loving it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...