Monday, April 6, 2020

Quarantine, Day 24

The world is currently in crisis.  COVID-19 (Corona Virus) is quickly spreading and countries are locking down.  Here in Utah, schools closed on March 13th (which just so happened to be "Friday the 13th") and we teachers have begun online teaching with our students.  Only essential businesses have remained opened (such as grocery stores), restaurants are take-out only, everyone is advised to stay at least 6 feet away from each other,  face masks are also recommended when in public places, and no groups or hanging out with people outside of your immediate household.  I still can't believe this is happening.  I would have never imagined something like this happening in my lifetime.  I keep telling the girls they are living history right now.  They ask questions that I have no answers for...this is all new and we are all trying to figure it out. 

This week is spring break for us, so we get a little break from staring at our computers all day.  Online teaching is something I never thought I would be doing.  Online school sucks all the joy out of what teaching really is.  I miss my students...I absolutely adore my class.  I taught most of them in fifth grade and then looped with them for their sixth grade year.  I am crushed that I (most likely) will not be able to finish out the year in a classroom. 


I am sad for my own children.  This is Morgan's last year in Middle School...what a way to end it.  The most excitement my children have during a school day is when they get to Zoom with their classes.  They get to SEE their teachers and classmates...even it's on a screen...I can see their faces light up! 

I have been challenged beyond belief these last three weeks.  We all have.  BUT, I am thankful I still have my job, I'm thankful Ryan still has his job.  I am thankful we are heathy.  I am thankful our parents, siblings and distant family have all been healthy.  I am hoping it remains that way.  I am hoping we can all work together to end this crises.  I am hoping that our country and economy will heal.  I am hoping that all the small business owners will recover from this.

I think this quote pretty much sums it all up!

1 comment:

margaretmgriffith said...

I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing. To Get more info please visit website

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...