Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Goodbye Cyst...continued.

Well, the cyst is gone and I survived. The whole experience was horrible. While I was waiting for the doctor I was having a near panic attack, I was so nervous. All I could think about was running out the door before the he came in. But I didn't, I waited for him. I noticed that "My Redeemer Lives" was playing on the office sound system...only in Provo, UT will that happen.
So anyway, the doctor eventually came in and started "surgery". I could feel my body going into pre fainting mode as soon as he started digging around in there. I got all clammy, my arms and legs went numb and all the blood rushed from head, the doctor's voice was slowly fading out and all I could hear was a ringing in my head. Anyone that has fainted knows exactly what I'm talking about.
He finally finished up and three stitches later I was good to go. The whole procedure took about 15 minutes. I even took a look at the cyst, and let me just say, I can't believe I had that gnarly thing in me for that long! GROSS!!
So, I have no idea why I can't handle medical stuff very well. I did a better job at delivering my two babies than I did at getting a stupid cyst removed. But then again, any mother would endure a great deal of pain when their child is involved.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Good job on hanging in there for the procedure! I always tell myself, when something painful and/or gross is going to happen... there's no way that this can compare to childbirth, epidurals, catheters, etc. But, you are right that's it's different when babies are involved! The excitement distracts you from the ordeal. Anyway, guess that's a weight off your shoulders. ha ha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...