Thursday, May 8, 2008

Little Girls vs. Little Boys

Shopping for little girls is way easier than shopping for little boys...I think. Granted I am a little biased since I have two girls, but lets face it, there is a lot of cute stuff out there for girls!

A few weeks ago my sweet little nephew, Parker Peanut, celebrated his second birthday. I asked Haley what we should get him. Her response, "A pony!" (as in My Little Pony). I tried to explain that Parker's a boy, and boys may not like ponies as much as she does. Her next idea was a princess crown. OK, she wasn't helping...I was on my own. Well, I did eventually come up with something, but it took two full days to do it. I know that a lot of that time is just me being very indecisive, a weakness of mine. I would find something and put it in the cart, then put it back, then put something else in the cart, put it back, then put the first thing back in the cart...so on, and so on. This is one, of the many I'm sure, complaints Ryan has of me...I take forever to shop for anything.

So today we had to get a birthday present for Haley's friend, Katie. I asked Haley what we should get her. Her response, "A pony and a pony book!". Sounds good to me. Haley picked out a My Little Pony book and a pony she thought Katie would like. We even got her a My Little Pony birthday card! I sure hope Katie likes My Little Pony, I can tell Haley does! So I can already tell that Haley takes after Ryan, knows exactly what she wants and buys it. I should have Haley do all my shopping, we would save a lot of time.

I think my main problem when shopping for kids are: For girls, everything looks like something a girl would want (except for those Bratz girls, I'm not a fan), and my problem is narrowing it down to one thing. For boys, I just have no idea what they like, everything is very foreign to me since I don't have any boys. I guess the only way to solve the problem is to have a third child and just hope it's a boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to pretend I didn't read the last sentence.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...