Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday!

I want to wish my mom a Happy Birthday today! She is such an example to me. I try so hard to be the mom she was to us growing up. She is so very patient, I never ever remember her "loosing" it when we were kids. She is our family peacemaker, always striving to make sure everyone else is happy, having fun, or getting along. When I was helping out after her surgery it was nearly impossible for her to sit down and relax. I would notice little things that she did when I wasn't looking..."Mom, did you load the dishwasher?!". Or she would sneak into the kitchen to help with dinner. We would be talking and having a good time, then I would snap back into reality..."Wait, you not supposed to be in here! Let me do this, sit down and relax.". She's the kind of person that if she ever had a maid, she would clean the entire house before the maid got there!

I always enjoy our phone calls (which are nearly daily). Sometimes a chat with mom is all I need to help me get through the day when things are crazy and the kids are driving me insane. Thanks mom! Love you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...