Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Shopping

I went out last night for some evening Christmas shopping. I waited until Ryan got home so I could go without the kids....Hallelujah! The only real bad thing is that I'm so super tired by that time, the last thing I wanted to do was get in the car and go to some crowded store! But I sucked it up, went out into the bitter cold and shopped for a few hours. Those kids better appreciate what I'm doing for them!! Unfortunately, when I got home I realized that one of the things I bought for Morgan was opened and some items fell out...great, just what I need! So I had to go back today to exchange it with Morgan in tow (did I mention the gift was for her). Luckily, I don't think she noticed what I was doing, and I did a pretty good job at covering the toy. Then I did some more shopping at the Disney Store...again with Morgan (Haley was in preschool). So anyway, I would see something I wanted to get for the girls and then I would tuck it behind the register when Morgan wasn't looking. I did this constantly for a good 30 minutes. After a while I had quite the pile of goods behind the register. I'm sure the workers are used to that...there isn't really any other way when you have a kid with you. I would say it was a successful morning.

The girls made a Gingerbread House this afternoon. Gotta love these kits they sell now...it can't get any easier!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you get them both to smile and to look generally in the direction of a camera?

Kelly said...

Jeffy was behind me making funny faces.

Anonymous said...

You mean funnier than his normal face?

BURN!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...