Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I couldn't have asked for a nicer Mother's Day.

I woke up with my girls cuddling with me in bed giving me kisses and wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. Ate a huge a breakfast of bacon, eggs, and croissants from a real French bakery (complete with a real French guy working the counter...so you know it's authentic, right?). I got to spend the day with my mom prepping for our Mother's Day feast that evening. I just love working in the kitchen with my mom and cooking together! And I have to say...we cooked up quite the meal! Tri-tip (Ryan was the grill master), roasted potatoes, a spinach-strawberry salad, rolls and for dessert, "Super Yummy Pudding Pie that Everyone Loves". Yes, that's the name we gave it. My mom has made this dessert several times and it's always a crowd pleaser!

Mom and I had fun decorating the table...it had to be feminine! Even the girls had their table decorated too! We had Matt, Carrie, new baby Jett and Carrie's mother over too...it made for a very nice evening!

This picture was taken on Saturday at Ryan's bike race...super exciting by the way! The picture cracks me up because of the Miller can sitting on the ground. Honest...it's NOT ours!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...