Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Enjoying Winter

It's interesting how different my two girls are from one another. As they get older I can easily see the different traits passed down from Ryan and me in them.

Haley is our out door girl. She loves playing outside, no matter what the weather is. She's always very anxious to throw on her jacket and boots and get out there first thing...while we're all still sitting in our jammies. It will be a white-out outside or pouring rain...but she's still out there. She's very much like Ryan in that way. He's not a fan of staying indoors all day. He likes to get out and about.

Morgan is much more like me. Don't get me wrong...she loves the outdoors and is always up for an adventure, but she's not as anxious to get out there as Haley. She's my little cuddle bug...she would rather snuggle on the sofa, play with her toys, or "help" me with the chores. I'm more of a home body...I don't mind staying in doors...and I think Morgan may be that way as well. However, you never know...kids change. But for now, it's very apparent who is more like Ryan and who is more like me.

Yesterday it was a cold, wet, rainy, snowy day. But of course that didn't stop Haley, she was out there as usual. I peek out her every so often to check on her. I peeked through the window at one point and saw her just laying in the middle of the yard...it was starting to rain/snow. I poked my head out to ask if she was okay. She said yes. About 10 minutes later, I peek out the window again...she's still laying there...getting soaked! I poke my head out again and ask if she's okay. She says back, "I'm fine Mommy. I'm just trying to enjoy Winter!!". That's my Haley!

At one point I looked out to see a neighbor walking past with his two kids on the other side of the street. He kept looking over at Haley with a concerned look on his face. I think he thought something was terribly wrong with her. I couldn't help but giggle a little as I watched him walk by. Move it along Mr., it's just my daughter trying to enjoy Winter!! No problem over here!

She eventually decided to come in. A quick cup of hot chocolate, and then she was right back out there playing.

1 comment:

The Mop said...

I may have finally figured out which of your kids is my favorite.

If you stare at up at a snowstorm, it is one of the most fascinating things you will ever see.

It's almost hypnotizing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...