Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Post Vacation Funk

I've had four days now to get back into the swing of things and I still feel like I'm in a post vacation funk. Although I have managed to get to the grocery store and got the laundry done and did a bit of cleaning...hmmm, maybe I'm not doing so bad. Let's ignore the fact that I've wore the same sweat pants and shirt for the last two days, and haven't done anything with my hair nor have I put on any make-up...but whatever.

Jeff spent his Thanksgiving back home in Long Beach. On Monday I picked him up from the airport and then took him directly to my parents' house to pick up his car and then he went straight to class. Later that day when he pulled up outside, I told the girls that Jeffy was home and go out and say "Hi". They go running out to greet him only to find him vomiting in the street by his car. Yes, lovely...I'm sure the neighbors loved that. The girls just stood there, not knowing what to do. I call them back into the house giving Jeff a little more privacy to take care of his business (although, there's not much privacy when cars are driving past). Poor guy. Anyway, the rest of the evening did not go very well for him. I went into panic mode to say the least...no mother wants her children sick (fever I can handle...barfing is something I'd like to avoid!). And of course no mother has time to get sick herself! Luckily, his illness was short lived and surprisingly he got himself up at 7:00 the next morning and got himself to his work orientation at Sundance (he's going to be a ski instructor there). The orientation lasted ALL day...I'm just so impressed with him and that he was able to get himself going, as he looked like crap the morning he left. We've narrowed it down to food poisoning from a sandwich he ate Sunday night. However, that didn't stop me from disinfecting everything Jeff touched while he was gone...I went into super cleaning mode. So anyway, he feels much better today! Good thing! We don't want Jeffy boy sick!

So as you know, I take care of my little nephew during the week. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was scared about the fact that I'm having a third baby. But having Jett around (although not always easy) gives me a piece of mind and excites me for the arrival of our own new baby. The girls just adore Jett, and I think Morgan likes being older than another child...she gets to be in charge of Jett when Haley is at school. She sets up little play things in front of him, and she likes it when he laughs at her when she does something silly.

This morning I was messing around with the video mode on Haley's camera. When I lay Jett down in the living room he immediately zeros in on the girls' room...he knows where all the toys are. So Morgan and I were having fun cheering him on as he made his way down the hall.

Please, ignore my voice, I realize it's slightly high pitched...sorry.

3 comments:

Rio's Rider said...

Haha! He is too cute, scooting along like a little inchworm. And...your house is SOOOO CLEAN!

Kelly said...

HA HA HA!!! So clean?! I hope you're being sarcastic! Maybe my hallway is clean...but I'll make sure there is no footage of any of the bedrooms.

Thank you though...I'll take it.

Lexi said...

ooooh! He scoots just like my Asher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...