Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The things kids say and do.

So the other night I'm talking to Ryan during dinner about this coming weekend. He's off to Bear Lake for some racing. Usually it's a family affair, I love going to Bear Lake...especially when the weather is nice, which it will be this weekend. However, the housing this year isn't really accommodating for a family. Sleeping on floors and sofas among several other bike racer guys doesn't really appeal to me. Anyway, my mom will still be in town so we've made plans for Saturday which I was discussing with Ryan. Now the girls were pretty consumed with their Spaghetti, so I figured they weren't really paying attention.

Me: "So my mom will have the Suburban for the weekend, so you can take the wagon up to Bear Lake."

Ryan: "SWEET!"

Me: "We were thinking about going up to Salt Lake Saturday, going out for a late breakfast and then heading over to the Z-O-O."

Morgan: "THE ZOO!!! WE'RE GOING TO THE ZOO!!!"

Now, I wouldn't have been too surprised if Haley knew what we were talking about, but she was pretty much in her own world eating her most favorite meal on Earth...spaghetti...again, not really paying attention. But Morgan?! That surprised me! I guess these kids are catching on to our tricks. Spelling things out may not work anymore...these kids are getting too smart! So now I have to hear "Are we going to the Zoo today?!" everyday. Great.

Morgan has been getting much louder with her observations which is creating some embarrassing moments for me. Such as the Jesus spotting at the Costco the other week.

Yesterday, Haley celebrated her birthday at school. Her teacher gives all the Summer birthdays a day during the school year. Anyway, it requires the mom to bring in a special birthday treat for all the kids and a little toy (the toy may be optional, but Haley insisted). So, Haley picked out cupcakes and little zoo animals to put on top of every cupcake (the toy). Hopefully, that was all we needed to do, because quite frankly that was enough for one frazzled mom! I ended up taking Haley to school, because the cupcakes were too much for her carry on the bus. Now usually I would just go schlumping it and Morgan still in jammies. But since we had to help carry in the cupcakes I had to get everyone ready in the morning...bummer. So, all four of us (yes, Piper too) went into the classroom. Haley was beyond excited for her special day!

On the way back to the car Morgan spots an elderly woman walking on the other side of the street heading into the school. Out of the blue she yells and yes...points, "Hey, look at THAT mom!!!" (laughing...loudly) "Look at HER...(ha, ha, ha) That's a MOM?!! Look at that MOM!!" (more pointing and laughing) Meanwhile I'm trying really hard to shush her and move it along...quickly!

What's up with that?! She was completely mocking this poor innocent woman!! And I'm not really sure why...other then the woman was elderly. Perhaps Morgan thinks the only type of women that enter a school have to be young. I don't know...but embarrassing none the less.

The Mop did another post me (I don't care if that's cheating!). So this is Day 9.

4 comments:

The Mop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mop said...

What day is ryan on? I may have to do one for him too...

Sounds like time to work on your Pig Latin.

Kelly said...

ood-gay dea-iay!

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...