Monday, March 28, 2011

The Weekend in Review

* First off...I didn't leave the house once. It was wonderful! I love that I have a home I feel I never need to escape from. It's my haven, my safety zone, and a place where I'm always comfortable. As a housewife (and I think I speak for many) we pride ourselves in having a cozy home...a home that people always feel welcome at any time...a home my children will always have fond memories of, and feel safe and loved the minute they walk in the door. No matter how many toys scatter the floor, or dishes in the sink, laundry piled on the washer (and believe me...I try to keep up with those things!) it just doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things. I have to remind myself, that those things won't always be there. One day, toys won't scatter my family room, there won't be crumbs permanently on my kitchen floor, or dirty socks (and underwear...what's up with that?) laying in every nook and cranny in this house...and honestly, it will make me a little sad.


* My parents arrived in town! They got in late Saturday night, so early Sunday morning my mom walked over to our house to surprise the girls. I love that we can walk to each other's houses...it's the best! My dad came over a little later and we had a nice breakfast and chatted all morning!


*My little Piper is crawling like a champ! Literally, after I posted about her being a zombie baby and still dragging her body around, she decided she would start crawling. It's like she knew we were teasing her. However, every so often she brings out the zombie baby again. But anyway, she has become quite speedy! She's also cruising around holding onto furniture. * Flowers are blooming!! Does anyone know what these are? Daffodils?? Well, they are beautiful...and I love how everything is a surprise in this yard!
* Morgan learned how to ride a two wheel!! Ryan took off the training wheels, gave her a push, she wobbled a little, and then she was off. I think Ryan got off the hook on this one...no running beside her holding onto her seat over and over and over (can we say SORE back). Well, not this time! Just one push and that was all it took...she's a natural! I have to give some credit to those scooters. I think it really helped her learn balance quickly. Yes, I know she had a close encounter with the cement last week on her scooter...but I got say...I do like those things!



Haley and Morgan were zipping all over the place in the cul-de-sac across the street.




So that was our weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...