Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year!

Just like Haley, Piper loves to be outside! It doesn't matter what the weather is doing: hot, cold, rain, wind, snow...whatever! Just as long as she's in it, she's happy!

We got some more snow yesterday! I know, who knew I would be happy about snow this time of year?! But I am!

We had family movie night last week...Over the Hedge was what the girls picked out from the library. Luckily, the girls LOVED it. You just never know with my kids, they can be very sensitive, and a bad movie can make bedtime a real challenge.


It all started with the movie Spirit years ago. I thought it was a harmless movie about a horse. Wrong. I guess the horse gets taken away, or maybe it died...I don't even remember. But, it took weeks, maybe even months for Haley to get over it.


Open Season was another animated movie that Haley got really shook up over. She was so sad that the ranger in the movie had to send her beloved bear back into the woods.


ET...we all know what happened with that one. After only about 30 minutes into the movie we had to turn it off...Morgan has vowed that she will NEVER watch that movie again. She had nightmares for weeks.


Air Bud. Haley was absolutely devastated that the little boy in the movie wanted the dog to leave him. The dog wanted love and the boy was mad (I forget why) and started yelling at the dog to go. Haley cried for hours, "Why is he being so mean to the dog?!". She never watched that one again.


The Great Mouse Detective. As soon the little evil bat appeared in the beginning of the movie Haley disappeared from the room...scared. Although, I can't say that I blame her on that one. I'm not a fan of those old dark Disney movies either. The Rescuers Down Under...boy, I hated that one! The Hobbit (not Disney), but I hated that one too! That Gollum character scared the crap out of me! Hmmm...maybe I see where Haley gets it from.


Anyway, lucky I didn't purchase any of those movies that Haley or Morgan hates. I leave it to the library to let us know if it's a winner. Over the Hedge...definitely a winner! They've seen about a gazillion times since Saturday.

Happy Leap Year y'all!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Don't forget Elf! I thought that would be an innocent one for them to watch at Christmas, but Morgan came running up the stairs crying in the first five minutes, because Buddy was so sad when he found out he wasn't an elf! :)

Kelly said...

Oh yes! How could I forget that one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...