Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Stairs, Painting and Yucky Cereal

I fell down the stairs today...while holding Rory in my arms.  I have no idea what happened.  Last I remember I was talking to Morgan and Piper who were right behind me on the staircase and then BAM, Rory and I were a heap at the bottom.  It was a miracle I managed to keep Rory in my arms...I swear she was air born for a second and I caught her...or maybe I just imagined that.  But in any case, we're fine...except for bruised up hip and a tweaked ankle.  My kids probably thought I was crazy because once I knew Rory was okay, and I was okay, I busted out laughing.  Right there sitting on the floor at the bottom of the stairs...laughing up a storm!  Not sure why...I guess I just imagined what I looked like as I went tumbling down while trying to keep Rory safe...I'm sure it was sight!

This marks the second time I've fallen while holding a kid in my arms.  The first was several years ago. I was holding Morgan in one arm and holding Haley's hand in the other while I crossed a street in the parking lot.  In fact, a car was waiting for me to cross.  And then somehow I either got tangled in Haley's feet or the bag that I was carrying too, but down I went.  Yep, right in front of the car.  Since I was trying to protect Morgan's head, I took the brunt of the impact on my elbows...owee!  But I saved her...that's right...go me.  But boy, talk about embarrassing!  At least today's fall was in the privacy of my own home.

In other news I'm slowly plugging away at painting the rooms of the house.  I finished the family room last week.  I really love it!  Today I started painting the foyer.  But you know...I don't think I like it.  I think it clashes with the yellow in the family room.  I'm pretty bummed.  I'm not sure if I should just keep going, and I may end up liking it at the end...or pick a new color and start over.  Very frustrating!

Oh, and this week is Yucky Cereal Week!!  Haley and Morgan both picked Trix (what's new...they get that every year).  But this time they picked it because it came with a changing color spoon in the box.  Piper got Cocoa Puffs (it came with a cool straw).  I may have to get in on some those Cocoa Puffs...although my favorite growing up was always Captain Crunch.

So there you have it!  Two more days until Ryan is home!  Gonna make it...Gonna make it....Gonna make it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...