Monday, June 1, 2015

Camp Big Springs

 This morning I said farewell to my oldest child.  She's off to her fifth grade Camp Big Springs for five days...yes, FIVE days!  Now, as a kid I also participated in a fifth grade camp (actually mine was in sixth grade), Camp Hi-Hill...and I had a blast!!  But I can't help feeling apprehensive about it for my own child.  She's never been away from me in a setting like this...she's always stayed with family when she goes somewhere overnight.  It's my natural instinct to worry...that's what I do best after all!

When we pulled up she was pretty excited about the whole thing, but she insisted that I stayed until they loaded the bus.  Which, by the way, I'm so glad she insisted, because I really did want to stay.  But as we approached the bus she started to get a little more nervous about the whole thing and I could tell she was getting a little teary under her hat...that nearly killed me...but I stayed strong!  I assured her she would have amazing memories from this trip, as I did.  And her friends were so sweet, I could see them trying to comfort her on the bus.

I stayed on the sidewalk smiling and waving at her until the bus finally drove off.  And I might add that it was me and one other mom that stayed until the very last second...waving and blowing kisses.  I'm not sure if that's weird or not but I wouldn't have any other way.
Haley with her bestie.

I won't lie, this week will be hard for me without her.
Her on the other hand...well, I hope she loving every minute!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...