Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

We have been so spoiled with the weather this Fall, temps have been in the 60's and it's sunny and beautiful! But I'm bracing myself everyday for "the storm" that ends it all. I know it's coming...I just need to stop being a Winter hater and just go with it. But anyway, we'll enjoy the nice weather while we can.

Saturday was the Alan Butler Memorial ride up Emigration Canyon. For those who don't know Alan, he was a cyclist here in Utah. Ryan raced with him for a couple of years and we're good friends with his family. He was tragically killed a few years ago when he got hit by a car in Vegas during the Interbike show. Ryan pulled the trailer with the girls up the Canyon...very impressive if you ask me! The girls were not at their best unfortunately. Morgan cried the entire way up and Haley was yelling, "My ears are hurting!!! Tell Morgan to be quite!!!!!", the whole way up. Yes, good times!

The girls made it up to us Sunday morning...they hiked like champs up Rock Canyon.


They insisted on bringing their stuffed animals...here they are giving them shoulder rides.



No, I'm not strangling Etta in this photo, although it does look like it. She hiked like a champ too, until she jumped all over some family...oops. I am working on that with her, I promise!

OK, this photo cracks me up! Every time we try to get Haley to pose for a photo, this is what she does. She reminds me of Chandler, from the show Friends. There was this one episode that Chandler and Monica were trying to take engagement photos and Chandler could not do a fake smile. Every time he tried to smile for the camera it came out all goofy. Anyway, that's totally Haley. She'll be smiling away, and then you face a camera at her and this is how it comes out. She's so weird.

So she gave up trying to smile, and kissed her daddy instead. Works for me!



Haley doesn't know how to smile and Morgan gives grumpy face when a camera is pulled out...what's up with my kids?!!



I have to take a ton of photos to get one good shot...thank goodness for digital!!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...