Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First Snow of the Season

Really, it's more of flurries...but it still counts in my book. Kinda early for snow...I think. And as you know, I can be kind of a Winter hater. But in all honesty, I don't mind a cold stormy day once in a while. I'm a person who loves staying at home...I know, lame...but I do. I have tons of things to do, or can do, okay, should do...so I'm never bored. I love hanging out in sweat pants and skipping my make-up and pulling my hair back in a pony tail...just being comfy. Unfortunately, I can't do those things everyday...Ryan may get concerned. So when a stormy day comes along...I love it...I can hang out in the house all day, guilt free!

I also love this time because I can pull out all my comfort food recipes. I love dinners that have to cook for hours in the oven, or sit in a crock pot all day, or simmer on the stove. I love the smells that waft though the house and the cozy feeling it brings. Tonight is just one of those dinners...Ham Bean Soup, it has to sit on the stove for a couple of hours...and it smells so yummy. Plus, I plan to make homemade bread to go with it! Wow, I'm feeling and sounding very domesticated right now. Watch out June Cleaver!
The view from my porch. My little baby tree looks so pettily without it's leaves. Brrrrr!


I think the dogs love this time of year...they get to come into the house more...spoiled dogs!


Morgie and little Jett having some play time. They were being very cute together!

2 comments:

ANDROID said...

is jett crawling?

Kelly said...

Not yet...but he wants to soooo bad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...