Friday, October 23, 2009

Fun Run and Random Photos

Haley's school held a 5k Fun Run at her school this morning...actually, I really don't think it was 5k at all, but I won't tell the kids that. Basically it was a fundraiser for the school. Haley got some donations from family this week and in return she had to complete the run. And depending on how much money was donated the kids get raffle tickets for a big drawing afterwards. Haley was super excited all week about it. And then when she found out that Ryan got the morning off to run with her...that was just the BEST!

She did great, held Ryan's hand the entire way. Morgan and I cheered her on. And at one point I didn't know where Morgan had gone...and then I realized she took off running with the kids. I had to chase her down. I would have ran with her but I had my little nephew in the stroller...and that probably wouldn't have worked out so well.

After the run they had the big raffle. Haley ended up winning two prizes!!! A digital camera and a football. WOW! The funny thing is she has been wanting a camera for a long long time. So, she finally got it! We've gone over all the rules when using it (because it's definitely not kid friendly) and she has already taken loads of pictures (that will be another post I'm sure).

Ryan with the girls after the run.
So I'm also including some random photos from this week.

This is something Morgan insisted that she wore to pick up Haley from the bus.

My little nephew comfy cozy in the stroller on one of our walks.

I know Haley's eyes are closed but I still love this picture. They take bags on their walks to put their "treasures" in. "Treasures" usually are leaves, cools rocks, sticks...and sometimes bugs.
Painting pumpkins. I think I'm gonna have two lefty's.
Funny story.
Haley has been having some attitude issues lately, and I'm trying really hard to get it under control. She has a tendency to become very demanding with Morgan when she comes home from school. She wants her to play a certain way, yells when she doesn't, so on and so on. Haley screamed at Morgan for something and I put Haley on chair in the kitchen to calm down. Well, she didn't...screaming, and screaming, "MOMMY...GET ME OFF!!" over and over. Just being down right mean. Oh and by the way, my little nephew is hysterical! He's laughing up a storm in Haley's expense. So I'm just doing laundry...ignoring her. I was standing right next to her chair pulling out clothes from the dryer...I turn my back to Haley to pick up the basket when all of a sudden Haley smacks me on my butt yelling "MOMMY LISTEN" really loud. I couldn't believe it!! I whip my body around to face her with the meanest face I could conjure up...and I wish I had a picture of what Haley's expression was on her face. Priceless!! It was a cross between pure fear and utter regret. I had to really concentrate not to laugh...it was tough. She immediately says, "I'm so sorry." to me, but I still sent her up to sit on her bed. We talked about it later, after I composed myself. I know I should be furious, but sometimes, it's just not worth it.

1 comment:

ANDROID said...

Jett is pretty freaking cute all snuggily wuggily.

And giving Haley the Crazy Eye is pretty funny too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...