Monday, October 19, 2009

Maternity Clothes Analyzed

Over the weekend my mom and I went to the mall...our mission: finding maternity clothes for me. I love my sweats, I could live in my sweats, but I fear I'm starting to wear them a little too much and I'm coming close to being a shlumpy housewife. Plus, most of the maternity stuff that I do have are summer type clothes and that's just not going to work for the coming months.

Anyway, it's amazing how in just 31/2 years or so (about the last time I went shopping for maternity clothes) styles have changed quite a bit. I have a pair of maternity jeans from when I was pregnant with Haley...about 6 years ago. They are SO UGLY now...they seriously look like they are from the 80's or something. I think the biggest difference is they lack front pockets, I think that makes a big difference with jeans. Also, throughout the years I've learned what styles work best for me. A lot of women love the below the belly maternity jeans. For me...not so much. They can be alright when you're belly is still little, but as soon as you start to get big they just don't stay up! I always had what I call "droopy drawers" or the dreaded "saggy butt" when I wore that style. Plus, they pinch really tight when I sat down. Not a fan!

My favorite style...the very sexy over the belly jeans. And let me tell ya, they have changed the fabric that goes over the belly. Now they are made of a super stretchy, very thin material that is way more comfortable! Plus, you can roll the material down when you're belly is still little for the below belly look. Who knew?! Well, probably lots of people, but like I said, I haven't gone shopping in a while.
This is the new pair I bought. Not bad, huh?

I know this post isn't the most thrilling...and I'm sure men especially don't find it interesting. But I was excited to find jeans that work for me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...