Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dentist...Success!

Happy to report that none of us have any cavities! Yay! The girls were so good...and Morgan, goodness, she has come a long way since our last visit. She used to cry the entire time, but this time she was all smiles.

Haley went first and she made a point that she did not want me to go with her. She's getting so independent...kinda bitter-sweet. She was like that at a birthday party the other day. When I dropped her off I stayed just a bit to talk to some other mothers, she kept telling me that I needed to go. Oh my, her teenage years are going to be hard on me!

Anyway...back to the dentist...when it was my turn of course Piper decided to get fussy. I felt bad, one of nurses practically had to sit with her the entire time just to hold the pacifier in her mouth.

After the dentist we went across the street to the Malt Shop to get a shake...my reward. But unfortunately I couldn't enjoy it...I think I had a yucky taste still in my mouth from all the paste and fluoride, which altered the taste of the shake. I even raced out to the car to get my little free toothbrush and paste so I could brush my teeth in their bathroom. It didn't help...still yucky. I can't believe I wasted four bucks on a shake that I didn't even enjoy! Not to mention all the calories I wasted on it! What a bust!

My mission today: trim the bushes in the front yard (they are getting embarrassingly huge) and weed in the front. I can do it...I can do it...I can do it...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice post! I'm so happy to read successful visit to the dentist posts! Knowing that many kids are afraid of the dentist, it's a good thing that your kids did it well.

In our home, it's my husband who visited the dentist. Germantown, TN is our place, by the way, and we're so lucky to have met dentists who are so competent and reliable. Just like meeting a dentist in Memphis, TN, I've no regrets getting their services since my children became so at ease in every dentist visit. Thanks to proper training and good dentists!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...