Friday, July 16, 2010

Not just an ordinary day.

Someone said some really nice things about my family yesterday. I can't even begin to tell you how much it meant to me. It was the sincerity of it all that put it in a category of it's own.

When my children are out and about, I sometimes worry that they get in the way when people are doing something in their yard...they don't mean to...they're just very curious. And they can be a little high impact at times too. But they are full of life and just little free spirits running around. And this person sees that about them...and loves that about them. Truly.

We're just a little family trying to do our best everyday...good days and bad days...ups and downs. I didn't do anything grand yesterday that made our family stick out above the rest. Just an ordinary day...laundry, playing in the yard, major craft session (we made quite the mess), more playing outside, TV, and dinner. So, to have someone say such wonderful things...it makes me feel on top of the world. It's a boost that this mom needed. My ordinary day feels more grand.

Later that night, while I'm laying in bed, I thought about the conversation I had with this person. I always do that...did I say the right things back to her, did I do anything stupid, did I say thank you enough? Then I thought...dang it...why didn't I invite her to sit down?! We were just standing in the kitchen...I hope she doesn't think I was being rude. I was just so caught up in the conversation I didn't think about it.

So now...time to pay it forward to her. Let her know that I appreciate her...because I do. I value the friendships I have...I do...I'm just really bad at letting people know. I think its time to change that!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...