Sunday, June 12, 2011

Enjoying the Summer weather...finally!

The weather this past week has been amazing! Sunshine and more sunshine! I've been doing more: walking to get Haley from school, working in the garden (there's still lots of weeds I need to tackle though...it's a slow process), and more housework and such around the house. It's nice. I also love having all my windows open and letting the fresh air in!


I decided to take pictures of a few irises growing in our yard, I think they are so beautiful!








So, whenever I pull out the camera to take Piper's picture she immediately charges me. And then I never get the shot of her doing what ever it was that made me pull out the camera in the first place.


Here she is starting to charge me.



Getting closer...




Ready for her close-up.



The girls were singing out in the front yard the other day. Super cute.

Never mind though the fact that they were singing that Lady Antebellum song...


"It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk and I need you now.

Said I wouldn't call but I've lost all control and I need you now.

And I don't know how I can do without

I just need you now."


Anyway, you get the idea. Dang that song is catchy...who can blame them. Luckily, I don't think they know what "drunk" means...that's how I justify letting them sing it at the top on their lungs in our front yard.



Ryan has been hard at work for the past two days repairing all the broken sprinkler pipes. Never fails, every year it seems there are broken pipes, no matter how well we Winterize this yard!


Oh, and Piper got sick the other night. She started crying after we laid her down, so I went to her room to comfort her. I took her out of her crib to pat her back and then...bleh! Yeah, throw up all over me...lovely. She had a few more episodes and then that was it. Although, there is still a small faint smell of barf in her room. I scrubbed and scrubbed that carpet, with hot soapy water, and then with carpet cleanser...over and over. And then I've been spraying Febreeze all over constantly...but it still smells!! I'll keep on it...I'll get it eventually. Of course I've disinfected EVERYTHING! Must keep everyone else healthy!


And of course the insurance thing is still a nightmare...but I think we'll have it all under control by July...hopefully.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...