Friday, June 24, 2011

Who needs a pool...

...when you have a perfectly good irrigation ditch to play in?


( I was totally making a cross-eyed goofy face to get them to smile like that.)


This ditch runs the length of our side yard, and the kids love to play in it. Can you see you Haley playing in there through our over grown jungle yard? When the water is running we keep a close eye on them. It's never gotten too deep and it doesn't move too fast. And then of course when the water stops they play in the left over puddles...aka: mud.
Exploring. I think they found a spider or something.


In other news...we had movie night with the girls last night. I read the book The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe recently to them...they really enjoyed it. Me...not so much. I'm not big on a fantasy for one, and also I really don't like they way C.S. Lewis writes...too many run-on sentences. But yeah, the movie was really well done. And they followed the book VERY well...that is very important to me! So yeah, I made pizza and we all ate in the living room...Piper too. Then topped it off with ice cream. Good times. The girls have been playing Narnia ever since.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...