Friday, September 2, 2011

Pump up the Jam

Today has been a beautiful September day! Not too hot, so I don't have to rely on the A/C...instead every window is open to let in the breeze...I love it!

This week has been all about peach jam! I have been cranking out jar after jar making a sticky mess of my kitchen. I love looking into my pantry and seeing the jars of salsa and jam that I've made, it's a good feeling.

It's funny because I've been super motivated to can food (which requires lots of kitchen time) but when it comes to making dinner it is such a chore for me. Blah! I'm sick of it. Nothing sounds good and I'm not really into finding new recipes. Hamburgers seem to be our old standby...you can always throw a burger on the grill and ta-da, dinner is served. And we are never short on burgers, buns, cheese, tomatoes, onions and lettuce in this house. One thing I've learned over the years...always have the necessary toppings to throw a burger together, so when you are clueless about dinner you still have a happy husband and the end of the day. What man says no to a burger?

Although, I'm guessing as the season changes and Fall approaches I'll get more into the comfort foods and be motivated once again. At least I hope so.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...