Monday, February 2, 2009

St. George Weekend

I will get this post out today!!!

It seems every time I sit down to try to get this post done, something comes up and I don't get to finish.

Anyway, last weekend the family went to St. George for Ryan's team training camp. And...oh, poor me had to be dragged along to sunny St. George, where the temps were in the 60's and not a cloud to be seen. I know...what a drag huh?! Just kidding of course!!! LOVED IT!

I'm super excited about Ryan starting this team...I think that it's perfect for him! And the guys he picked are great! I must say...they are an easy going group, they had to put up with quite a bit from my girls...and it didn't phase them a bit! We all shared the same condo, two guys had to sleep in the living room. One woke up to Morgan's icy hands grabbing his bare feet. And another woke up to her practically nose to nose with him...I think she might have been saying "Wake up sleepy head!" (her new favorite line), but I may have just imagined that. What a way to wake up! So, they were troopers with the sleeping arrangements. The girls also had to give them hugs before they went to bed...too cute! When they were out on their rides the girls kept asking, "Where are the guys?!". So I guess they made a big impression on them!

First team photo: Ben, Chase, Sleevie, Ryan, Dustin, and Eric.

On Saturday, Ryan and the team went on the epic St. George to Mesquite ride (and back to St. George) so the girls and I spent the day in Snow Canyon (one of my favorite places!). It was beautiful!! We spent a couple of hours at the sand dunes, had a picnic, then spent the rest of the time hiking...or as Haley says "It's not a hike mommy....it's a pony hunt!!". She was very determined to find a unicorn while we were there!

Haley in the dunes...ahhh, so warm!

Morgan with her pony...those girls do not leave the house without their ponies!


Haley making sand angels. Let me just say...there was about an inch of sand in the tub that night!



I was trying to document that I was indeed there on the trip! It didn't come out very well.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Sounds like a fun trip and I must say some sunny 60 degree weather sounds SO nice right now! Your kids are so cute - I love the "pony hunt!" So funny.

Jennifer Pribble said...

Snow Canyon is amazing. We spent some time there when we were in St. George last spring. I love the contrasting colors in the geology. I would like to go back and spend more time there sometime. (It almost goes without saying it's quite a contrast from the midwest!) I'm glad you and the girls had fun.

Kelly said...

I'm missing the warm weather sooooo much!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...