Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cooking with Kelly: Family Favorite

Who doesn't love a good chocolate chip cookie?  No one in this house, that's for sure!
I have tried lots and lots of cookie recipes...I stick with one for a while and then move on to another.  But, this one seems to be the family favorite!

Now, this is a very secret recipe...are you ready?
It's the original Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip recipe.
But here's the thing to make it super good.  Do not use your hand mixer when combining the flour to the wet ingredients.  Fold it in gently and don't over mix.  This is crucial when you only use butter in a cookie recipe.  If you over mix you will get flat, greasy cookies.  I learned this when my hand mixer died and I made cookies the old fashioned way with a wisk and wooden spoon....and I have yet to replace it.  I kinda like not using it...I'm getting back to my pioneer roots!  Plus it's good exercise!

Anyway, here's the recipe.
Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup nuts

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.  Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in large bowl until creamy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.  Gradually add flour mixture and stir in chocolate and nuts.  Bake for 9-11 minutes in a 375 degree oven.  

*We skip the nuts and add both semi-sweet and white chocolate chips...mmmmm, good.

1 comment:

Meg said...

those look delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...